Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Activation Email Not Triggering from IAS for Rehire Scenarios

aanihemanth
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have identified an issue where rehire employees are not receiving account activation emails, unlike new hire employees. Upon thorough investigation, we have determined that the email is triggered only when an entity is created in the IAS. To meet a specific Work Zone requirement, there is a necessity to synchronize inactive users into IAS.

Given that the data of inactive users is already present in the IAS, when a rehire is performed, the entity is updated rather than created. We hypothesize that this update process is causing rehire employees to not receive account activation emails.

To address this, we propose syncing all active employees and only the inactive employees with the employment type "Retiree." Additionally, we aim to delete the data of inactive users from IAS using IPS transformation code.

Can anyone assist us with the logic to be implement in IPS Trasformation code.

Regards

Hemanth

View Entire Topic
istvanbokor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently, activation emails are sent out when a user is created in the IAS (new user). Since in your case the users are there with status inactive, if you activate them again (rehire), technically they are not new users (since they already exist), therefore it is not possible to send an activation email.

Best approach is to delete inactive users, and if they need again, IPS provision them as a new, and activation email are sent out. What are your point to keep them inactive, since I assume source system SF stores them anyway?

Best regards,
Istvan

aanihemanth
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned, to meet a specific Work Zone requirement, there is a necessity to synchronize inactive users into IAS. Is there any other process or solution that syncs all active as well as inactive users with an employment type of "Retiree" and deletes the data of inactive users with employment type not equal to "Retiree" from IAS.

Regards

Hemanth

istvanbokor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

You can check this feature: https://help.sap.com/docs/identity-authentication/identity-authentication/block-or-delete-users-due-... if this fits to your scenario.

Best regards,
Istvan

George_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Istvan,

For the reason of keeping track of all transactions, I won't delete the user when he/she leaves the company. Deactivate and Activate is a better practice. After reactivation, the user just needs to reset the password.

Regards,

George

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George

I've seen this idea of "resetting the password" after a rehire also in the IDP documents and it doesn't make sense at all. In case a employee is rehired after let's say 2 years, he/she won't have the access to the company email at the moment of onboarding. This user should be doing the onboarding the same way as a new hire using an external email address (personal) and there's no such "password reset" since the user might have even been using SSO earlier.

I'm testing this scenario and the user just receives an activation email (like new hire) on her/is personal email. Once he completes all the activities he might be maintaining his email/userID (this depends on the company policy on user and mails re-use). ONLY after this process the user might be able to do SSO or reset password as you mentioned (if no SSO is enabled)

We're talking here about the ONB process and even he/she used to be an employee there's no company email set at the moment of ONB process because he/she is still IN THE PROCESS of onboarding and not onboarded yet.

I've tested this process as mentioned and works fine with the weird exception that rehire cannot immediately access SF (there's an error activating the account) but the user somehow is able to login to SF (with External email address like a new hire) the next day. We're still trying to figure out why the next day just "magically" works...