cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT: Edit Window titles

Juwin
Active Contributor

Hello,

I have multiple ABAP projects configured in ADT for the same System ID, since there are multiple clients in the system system. i.e, one project for Client 080, another for Client 100. While configuring the project, I have provided the description as well and that appears correctly in the project explorer (green box). But, when I open an object from the system, the title of the windows opened (red boxes), just shows the System ID. So, I am not able to figure out looking at the window title, which client the window belongs to. Is there a way to customize the window titles, so that it shows the client number or the project description?

Thanks

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't think of a way.

Why do you have different clients? ABAP is client independent...

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

matthew.billingham ABAP is client independent - I agree. But, imagine this: I have developed a CDS view in the Dev client. So, I have that CDS view open in one window. Now, I want to view the contents. For that purpose, I need to open the CDS view in the Unit Test client (One option to just view contents is to open via SQL console, not opening via SourceCode). Thus, now I have the same CDS view open in 2 windows. Or, imagine this: I have developed an ABAP class. Now, I would like to execute the class in ABAP console in Unit test client. Again, I will have the same ABAP class open in 2 windows - one for edit and other to execute. Or, imagine if I have created a BADI implementation, and I would like to setup a Breakpoint in the implementation class. Again, I will have the same ABAP class open in 2 windows.

Juwin
Active Contributor

sandra.rossi Thanks for the suggestion. But, reading through the comments and being a dark theme user myself, I feel that it will mess up my development environment. I still decided to give it a try, but the install failed due to dependencies. Will continue investigation on that and get back with comments.

Edit: One dependency error led to another and kept continuing. Ultimately couldn't get it working on my machine. As per one person who tried this tool before, it seems like supportability on colors for different client is still an open question.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Too bad.

Better post it to Issues · andau/abapCI (github.com)

But the last merge was done almost 3 years ago, so I fear that it's not maintained anymore (and no fork found).

matt
Active Contributor

I suggest you have multiple workspaces - one foreach client. Then you can have multiple instances of Eclipse, with different colour schemes per client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uenal
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Juwin Pallipat Thomas,

in ADT we don't have the possibility to show the client information in the editor tab title. There may be additional plug-ins to enable this.

This request is in our ADT backlog but I cannot give you a release date when it's enabled. Keep posted about the ADT release notes where new feature is announced.

Regards,
Ünal