cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent determination in flexible workflows (Purchase Order)

dmckl
Explorer

Iam trying to add additional roles to the already existing ones that come with the standard Purchase Order flexible workflow.

From what I understand, in order to achieve this, employees have to be created as business partner (I have done this for a test user) and assigned to a Team via the "Manage Teams and Responsibilities". I have created a Team assigned said test user as a business partner to the team. The team I created is from the type "Operational Purchasing (OPPUR)", category "Procurement (PROC)".

I have created an additional function and function profile and did the function to function profile mapping. (function profile used is "PROC") using SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> General Application Functions -> Responsibility Management -> Functions -> Define Functions etc.

However, inside the manage workflow app, while creating a new workflow, there is no new role to select from. Iam assuming that I am missing an important step, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://i.imgur.com/PhRApSA.png

View Entire Topic
Leo
Participant

Hello Sabine,

This functionality has been around for some time and I have made a few tests with it a while ago.

The settings you have done so far are fine, but to enable the "Teams and Responsibilities" feature for the workflow, there is a switch, which needs to be set.

This is done specifically for the workflow in SWDD_SCENARIO. Go to the relevant workflow (standard is: WS00800238). In the group "control", there should be a switch called "Activated Unified Responsibility Management", which cannot be reverted as far as I know.

This setting will show up in the group "Properties" as

|sap.bc.bmt.wfm.team.unified.rm | X |

This setting will result in the roles from Teams and Responsibilities to show up in the Manage Workflows for PO App.

Alternative: This setting is performed in the View Cluster RSM_VC_CNTXT_AGENTRULE_MAP_S (TCODE SM34)

The information is not from release 1909, so there might have been changes here.

Maybe bridaine.nichonghaile has an update on the feature?

Best regards

Leopold

dmckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Leopold,

first of all, thanks for you answer, this has already helped me a lot.

By entering the team category "PROC", I was able to use the newly defined functions under "roles" during a workflow step creation. By checking "Exposure of teams", I was able to use the teams defined through the "Manage Teams and responsibilties"-app.
Clicking on "Activate unified Responsibility Management" was not necessary to achieve my goal (and is indeed irreversible, for some strange reason)

However, I have one more question regarding purchase order workflows that you might be able to help me with.

From what I understand of the standard po workflow from sap, it does not take into account multi-level release strategies with different release codes and release strategy. Is there a different workflow for that? Or does this mean I will have to create my own workflow from scratch?

Thanks again for your help!

Leo
Participant

With flexible workflow, there are no longer release codes used. You also have to select one out of the two workflows to use (either the old one or the new flexible workflow.

Multi-level release strategies you can create by having multiple STEPS in one STRATEGY. So each step has to be performed for the workflow to be complete (just like you had different release codes, which needed to be assigned to the PO to be released).

Does this answer your question?

dmckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, this answered my question perfectly, thank you very much 🙂

dmckl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Another question or problem has come up after trying to get the flexible workflow to work the way I want it to.

Let's assume I have 2 teams:

Purchasing_1000 (Responsibility Definitions: Purchasing Organization=1000, CompanyCode=1000)

Purchasing_2000 (Responsibility Definitions: Purchasing Organization=2000, CompanyCode=2000)

There are 3 roles available in this team. Product Manager, Head of Department and Managing Director.

Both teams have 1 unique employee as member for each role within that team.

Employee 1 is Product Manager for team Purchasing_100
Employee 2 is Head of Department for team Purchasing_200

and so on.

My workflow has 3 release steps:

Product Manager release (condition net value 0-150k, assignment = one of the recipients, role=Product Manager )

Head of Department release (condition net value 150-500k, assignment = one of the recipients, role=Head of Department )

Managing Director release (condition net value > 500k, assignment = one of the recipients, role=Managing Director )

Now when I create a new purchase order with company code 1000 and a net value of 250k, I was expecting Employee 1 & 2 to receive a work item to release this purchase order. However, even though I have created the purchase order for company code 1000, Employee 4 & 5 of Team Purchasing_2000 also receive the work items, which they shouldn't.

So how can I make the flexible workflow take the Responsibility Definitions that I have set up for the team into consideration and only send the work item to Employee 1 & 2 ?

I hope my explanation is clear enough to understand what Iam trying to achieve 🙂

Any help is appreciated, thanks!