cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV HIERARCHY into FIORI ELEMENTS/UI5 Freestyle

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

is there any solution (using Fiori Elements/UI5 Freestyle) where i can achieve header/item hierarchy data display as using ALV HIERARCHY(e.g. BALVHD01 abap report)?

I found only Grid Table MultiHeader, but it is insufficient.

Because, sadly, instead of Fiori app, i must then create GUI Transaction/ABAP report.

View Entire Topic
Jsousa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, you can use tree table: sap.ui.table.TreeTable

You have some nice blogs about hierarchies creation for displaying with SAP Fiori Elements like this one:

Sample Blog in SAP

0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

thanks for answer. I´m aware of tree table, but i cannot see multi header there(also in blog mentioned by you).

Example of multiheader display. Orange header(header data), grey header(item data) -> BALVHD01 abap demo report

Epena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi marek_lukac, why do you need it to look exactly like that? Fiori components don't have 1:1 correspondence with ABAP look and feel. If you want to display header data and a table below, you can create an Object page where the header data is displayed in the header section and table data in the content section...

The following link features an object page layout with a header and multiple content sections, onw of which is a table:

https://ui5.sap.com/#/entity/sap.uxap.HeaderFacetPattern/sample/sap.uxap.sample.ObjectPageSectionSho...

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hey edgar1506, thanks for comment.

Yes, you are right about master(List report)/detail(Object page) pattern and connected @UI.lineitems, but i was curious, if there is something 1:1.

Firstly, i had idea of master/detail with flexible column layout(TwoColumnsMidExpanded) enabled, but comparing to old ALV there are some UI drawbacks like for example:

1. Number of columns visible of master data are less comparing to ALV and if "Show Details" are enabled, then one row is bigger in height, effectively reducing number of master data rows.

2. User must click on each row to see connected item data comparing to expanded item level in ALV

3. Sometimes, in case of more object page sections, clicked section is not remembred, so user must also click on section with detail items

I understand, that it is hard to satisfy every user when designing UI/UX Fiori patterns, but i was just curious, if somebody has any idea, because for daily app business user this can(but also not to be) be annoying/painful.

Tree table almost satisfied these requirements, but properties of master data cannot be shown(only one, mostly key property).