cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Database Functions in Snowflake Database visible to Information Design Tool ?

david_j_hays
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are running WebIntelligence SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.3 Support Pack 1 Patch 12.
I have a Snowflake database schema in which I have created Procedures and Functions in addition to my Table/View objects.
When I try to access these in IDT, I am able to see the defined database procedures, but not the functions.
Is IDT not able to utilize objects of type Function defined in the database?

Here is and example of what I am talking about:
In Snowflake I have created a function called F_LASTNAMEFIRST and a procedure called LASTNAMEFIRST

In IDT when I try to use these, I see the Procedure LASTNAMEFIRST, but not the Function F_LASTNAMEFIRST:

Is this due to some configuration of my Snowflake connection in BOBJ? or is IDT just not able to present database objects of type Function?

-dave

View Entire Topic
JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You might try creating an object and manually typing in your function.

I had a function in SQL Server and it was not exposed to the universe but I could use it in objects. Of course, the object wouldn't parse or pass the Integrity Check, but it did work when running reports.

david_j_hays
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey you are right! - even though a UDF doesn't appear in my connection panel, I can apparently use one without issue in at least one scenario. Below I created a Derived Table that uitilizes a UDF that just switches the values of 2 columns as in "last name first".

I guess other scenarios will probably work as well, Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

-dave