cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice naming for sap.app/id and sap.cloud/service in manifest.json

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hello SAP BTP HTML5 Repository users, Hi mariusobert,

I'm developing a CAP Based application with multiple SAPUI5 UIs that I want to deploy to the HTML5 repository so they can be added to the SAP Fiori Launchpad in the SAP BTP Cloud Foundry environment. So lets imagine this context:

Internet Domain: democompany.com
Application Component: Sales (SL)
Name of the Application: Price Condition Management
Name of the UI5 Apps: download, upload

So the most intuitive way would be to use:

com.democompany.sl.pcm

for sap.cloud/service as this can be used for all UI5 Apps and only e.g. download and upload for the sap.app/id. But the documentation Expose HTML5 Applications in SAP Launchpad service in the Section "Deployment Restrictions" reads like this:

• The value of sap.app/id of each application must be unique across all spaces in the subaccount.
  • The value of sap.cloud/service of each application must be unique across all HTML5 repository instances, MTA files, and destinations.

So I need to use:

com.democompany.sl.pcm.download
com.democompany.sl.pcm.upload

also in sap.app/id to avoid naming collisions.

Is this the suggested approach?

Best Regards
Gregor

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

On the left 'sap.app.id', on the right 'sap.cloud.service'.
SAP seems to group the different applications in one common "business solution" via the 'sap.cloud.service' key. I will do the same. Seeing the lengthy id's, I don't think those can be of any issue here.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

The sap.cloud.service represents the business solution name. Imagine that you develop a business solution for sales orders management with several html5 applications: sales.orders.list, customers.list, products, etc.

The html5 apps can be split into different html5-apps-repo/app-host instances (e.g.: if they have different life cycles or different dev. teams). The sap.cloud.service value (e.g.: sales.order.management) is the same in all applications/destinations

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

it would be great if this explanation could be added to the documentation so the documentation provides more guidance.

Best Regards
Gregor