cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practise where to UI annotate RAP CDS views

dirk_roeckmann
Participant

I have RAP Services (unannotated) which I'd like to consume with Fiori Tools and generate a floorplan-based FE application out of it.

What is best practice?

a. UI Annotate the CDS Views in Eclipse ADT, maintain BDEFS, service and service binding (UI) and THEN consume the resulting service in Fiori Tools

b. Leave the CDS View UI un-annotated, consume it in this form into Fiori Tools bind it to a floor plan and THEN UI annotate ONLY in Fiori Tools

In my use case I would prefer b. because it leaves the UI flavor in the respective application and leaves the back-end service raw.

Is b. even possible? If yes, is it recommended (best practise) or is a. the way to go?

P.S.: a. leaves me in a text editor, are there supporting dialogues planned in ADT to annotate RAP CDS Views?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,
what about an option "c" 😉 ? Have a look at horst.keller's blog post https://blogs.sap.com/2016/10/25/abap-news-release-7.51-meta-data-extensions-abap-cds/

Best,
Jasmin

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

thanks a lot for for the ‘c.’ 🙂

MDEs are great but can be folded into my case a. ‘annotate UI’ in the ADT text editor before OData exposure.

My question is still if there is there a way to annotate UI behavior only in Fiori Tools after OData exposure, so semantic CDS annotations in ADT and UI annotations after import of the resulting RAP OData service? Thanks