cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.3 Publication using Dynamic Recipients(DR). Issues accessing DR data within publication

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.3 Support Pack 2 Patch 3 & Chrome browser

I've created a publication for a Webi document and I want to use dynamic recipients in the publication. The dynamic recipients file is a Webi document (source is Excel It's a simple listing of 200 rows of data.).

In the Dynamic Recipients section when I select the webi document, I get an immediate error message "failed to get report info, re-login may help." Re-logging in doesn't help.

I've recreated the webi source report, webi doc that accesses the Excel file and also the publication. Issue persists. Issue is consistent in both our Dev & Prd systems.

If I look at other publications that we have in place, in the Personalisations section inthe Documents field. Normally you would see "Cost Center - CCA Report" it now shows "Cost Center - undefined". These publications would have been created in 4.2 or older versions and migrated to new server.

Nothing found in searching in SAP forums with that message so any assistance you can offer would be welcome

Thanks

Gill

View Entire Topic
Dean_F
Explorer

I recently had the same issue on BI 4.3 SP2. In my case I tracked the issue down to the recipient ID. My list was not being generated with contiguous numbers and on a list of 30 addresses the recipient IDs were 1-22,24-30,51. The gaps in the recipient IDs were causing the "failed to get report info, re-login may help" error. Once I corrected the recipient ID numbering in the source report to be contiguous the error was resolved and my dynamic recipient list started working again. Hope this helps.

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse

Thanks for your reply. I'll try that. Isn't it rather strange that there would need to be a contiguous pattern to the dynamic rec. lsiting?

with regards
Gill