cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTP Free tier HANA Cloud

WouterLemaire
Active Contributor

Dear all,

After the announcement at TechEd about the free tier license in BTP, I was super excited to activate my account. Maybe I was a bit too excited because I activated HANA Cloud on a EU10 CF account. I assumed it contained the free plan for all regions even it was not marked as free plan, I just assumed it would be. Immediately after creating and starting the HANA db I noticed this was not free on EU10, like the plan already mentioned. So I deleted the HANA instance and the entitlements. Now, I'm wondering how much this mistake will cost me, will it be the full price for a month? Or only the time it was active (less then one hour)?

The BTP dashboard mentions "Graph data will be updated upon first billing cycle." but I would already like to know upfront 🙂

Anyone who can provide more information about this?

Kr, Wouter

View Entire Topic
thomasyuan
Explorer

After reading the OP and comments, it is clear that SAP better consider place a safety switch around Free Tier: users signed up for Free Tier need to be given a clear warning and give explicit consent to activate paid services, like what other competitors do.

I guess a bit purpose of Free Tier is to attract individual developers, so don't scare them away by landing a corporate-scale charge on them.