cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTP Trial Account - Cannot access ABAP Cloud project via ADT after SAP Build Booster

asm_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, 

In my BTP trial account, I subscribed for SAP Build through booster and now I cannot log into my account using Eclipse. I am getting following error message - 

Error while logging on to the service instance using this project. Please make sure that you are logging on with <user_email> (<id>). 

I am searching online but I cannot understand why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

ASM

View Entire Topic
Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello ASM,

please try the following:

In Eclipse during the logon to the ABAP cloud project there is a wizard page where you can decide between 2 options

- Open Logon Page in Browser
- Copy Logon URL to Clipboard

Click on 'Copy Logon URL to Clipboard', then open an incognito window of your browser and paste that URL into the address bar and press enter. Now a logon page should show up. Then logon with the dev-user that was initially used to create the ABAP Cloud Project in Eclipse.

Does this solve your issue?

The background of your problem is probably the following: If you use your browser to logon to an SAP system then your browser will remember the cookies / logon session afterwards. When you then try to logon with ADT and you reuse that same browser then the browser might reuse the already existing cookies / logon session.

One example how the problem could occur:
- You use an admin user, e.g. to configure something in the SAP system via a Fiori App. To do that you open the Fiori app in your main browser and you are asked to logon. You enter the logon credentials for the admin user and perform the configuration.
- Then you keep the browser open in the background and the browser keeps the cookies / logon session for the admin user.
- At a later point in time you try to logon to the same ABAP system via Eclipse as a developer. During the logon process in Eclipse you click 'Open Logon Page in Browser' and the normal default browser opens up (the one you kept open before).
- Since this browser still remembers the logon cookies / logon session of your previous logon with the admin user, the browser decides to directly reuse this logon session instead of sending you to the logon page where you could enter a mail-address / password.
- You now have an implicit reuse of the old logon. ADT detects that the usernames from the ADT project (dev user) and the one from the browser logon (admin user) do not match and cancels the operation.

This session / cookie reuse is a normal browser behavior and we cannot influence it from Eclipse side. The solution is to
- use an incognito window (as described above)
- or another browser (e.g. firefox instead of chrome)
- or to clear the cookies of your browser.

You can also see note 3254529 (https://me.sap.com/notes/3254529/E)

Best regards,
Armin

asm_sapdev
Explorer

Hi Armin,

Thanks for your suggestion and detailed explaination. Unfortunately I have already tried it and it did not work. I noticed similar behavior after I added indentity management while working with AWS (Open SAP course). 

For now I have decided to create a separate sub-account for SAP Build Apps and keep my ABAP development and Build development separate, and hopefully avoid such conflicts in future.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards

ASM