Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building custom app at SAP S/4 public cloud

saurabh_shukla4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have ECC system with custom development (related to Sales order)- with all custom transaction, program, z table and use of BAPIs etc.

Now, our customer is transforming completely to SAP S4Hana public cloud (greenfield implementation) by discontinuing ECC. So, now existing custom development can not be used.

After some study we found three approaches- 

• In-App extendibility (low code/ no code) 
  • Developer extension (tightly coupled)
  • Side-by-side extension (loosely coupled)

In our existing use case, in-app extension may not be suitable solution. So, we are exploring next two possibilities. 

We would like to know which option is suitable, when it comes to complete custom development that includes table creation, fiori app development with multiple choices, bapis (may be now it's APIs, BAdis etc.). We are preferring RAP development as we have required competency. 

Kindly suggest,

Regards,

SS

View Entire Topic
kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi SS,

do you know the Extend SAP S/4HANA in the cloud and on premise with ABAP based extensions guide? This should answer you question hopefully.

Best regards
Kai

saurabh_shukla4
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi thanks for your reply. The guide is really useful and detailed. In case of on stack (developer extension) it is mentioned that we have to use local released stable APIs, extension points. Is it possible that we develop own service using custom table and publish it as oData (API) and then consume it anywhere?
aldimitrov14
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @kaidehmann I have interest in finding out how we can also enhance the RAP BO Interface so we can for example include the custom fields, or do we enhance the RAP BO Interface, or we need another approach in order for example to be able to update the custom fields? Because to my understanding now we should use EML together with the RAP BO Interfaces to process data related to these RAP Objects, e.g. create a new Service Order - > we would use the EML statement Create on top of I_ServiceOrderTP. None of the RAP BO Interfaces gives us the option to update the custom fields (Z/Y Fields created by Custom Fields App). In addition, in the guide - the section 4.1.2 - Extensibility of RAP business objects (RAP BO) has it reference links not working at all, so I cannot check this information in the help/documentation.
kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

deleted

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @saurabh_shukla4,

yes, you can develop your own OData Web API for a custom table using the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP). Please check the RAP documentation, for instance: https://help.sap.com/docs/abap-cloud/abap-rap/develop-web-apis?version=s4hana_cloud. If you want to access SAP business objects from you service implementation, then you use the local released stable APIs.

Best regards
Kai

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @aldimitrov14,

I will ask the authors to fix the links. Please check https://help.sap.com/docs/abap-cloud/abap-rap/extend?version=s4hana_cloud. The original question was rather generic. Your question is very specific ( “how to get key user custom field into released BO interface”). Therefore, I recommend that you post this specific question separately.

Best regards Kai

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi @aldimitrov14, the broken links haven been fixed. Best regards, Kai