cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW/4 conversion: Export datasources 8* - can it deleted before the conversion?

yj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We just prepare our BW system for the BW/4HANA conversion.

In the Precheck of transaction RSB4HCONV it says that we should migrate our 3.x-datasources - but they are all export datasources, beginning with 8* (e.g. 80PUR_C01 or 80PERS_VAR). Some data of our BW system are transferred to another BW target system.

My question is: I know, that the 8*-datasource are no longer supported in BW/4. Do we really need to migrate them in the preparation phase or can we delete them already now? Are these 8*-datsources necessary to transfer the data from our BW system to the other BW system in BW 7.5? 
What shall we do with these datasources?

Thanks & regards,
Yvonne

View Entire Topic
FrankRiesner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi
if those are really still in use depends on the technology you use to load the data to another BW:
Via ODP: then those 8* Datasoures are not required any more
via  export DataSource (8*RSDS): then of course those objects are still in use.

My recommendation is leave those 8* for the first and work on all other tasks required to get the system into B4H mode. Why? Normally the transfer to CUBE/ODSO to ADSO will remove those export DataSources by default. Or if you delete old unused CUBE/ODSOs, then also thier 8* ExportRSDS should be deleted.
From my experience there will still be some 8* objects in the end which you then have to delete manually. 

But a converversion from 3.x to 7.x is normally not required.

hope that helps
Frank

yj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for your message.

But this is our problem: During the conversion of an infocube within transaction RSB4HCONV, there is a message that an export datasource is defined on this cube and that we should migrate this datasource. We would like to avoid this because we do not need this export datasource.

I guess, we have to ask the SAP Support.