cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW on HANA and HR: Different values for enhanced field in datasources after transfer to BW.

adomnan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear community,

we are encountering a situation at a customer that baffles us. A while ago 3 Standard-Datasources were enhanced to transfer information about the Age of employees to BW, because the exact birthdate was not allowed to be transferred. Everything worked so far - the values were calculated in the source system, transferred to BW and showed the correct value.

That changed. Now the transferred data in BW are wrong although test with RSA3 in the source system show the correct values.

In total there are 4 datasources in which this field (AGE) is used. One datasource is a generic and 3 are enhanced standard-datasources. The calculation always uses the the same method in the source-system and the fields in BW are identical in all datasources. Only the generic datasource, which was enhanced during the current project, transfers the correct values.

The results are like this for AGE (same person):

source system/RSA3 ----> SAP BW (PSA)

0HR_PT_1: 42 years (correct) ---> 0HR_PT_1: 32 years

0HR_PT_2: 42 years -----> 0HR_PT_2: 28 years

0HR_PA_0: 42 years ------> 0HR_PA_0: 94 years

Z***: 42 years -------> Z***: 42

Systems: SAP 6.0/ HR 6.08 and SAP BW on HANA.

Has anybody got an idea, what can be done to get the correct values into BW (again)?

Thx a lot in advance for your help.

kind regards

Achim

Edit: Problem is solved. It was caused from a standard-function-module with a buffer. Different to the information I received and wrote above, the calculations were never tested and probably never correct. Question can be closed.

ferdtulu
Explorer
0 Kudos

there can be many reasons. Have you checked the extractors in R3 to make sure that the data is correctly transferred to BW? Is there Userexit logic for extractors?

adomnan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thx for your comment. As I said, the extractors are checked (and used before), the logic is identical for all datasources (using the same class and method), the fields are always the same in R/3 and in BW (fields in datasource, later same Infoobject), but only one datasource gets the correct values in BW (PSA). So there is something wrong in the transfer, but I can't figure out what.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)