Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Transformation end routine populated field list

dario_balice
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

despite what I can see in structure, in end routine the result_package type _ty_s_TG_1 contains all fields, including the ones not mapped with any rule.

Investigating in generated program code I found the method get_fields_populated0001, but neither this method nor the output table are visible in end routine.

How can I get this field list?

Thanks in advance

Dario

View Entire Topic
roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dario

Could you please share some specifics what exactly is missing? What field list are you looking for?

Why do you want to access GET_FIELDS_POPULATED0001 from your routine?

br

Roland

dario_balice
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I've to check field by field for specific dummy codes, to map field if not dummy and overwrite with as-is data if dummy field found.

Since the target manages about 100 fields but my transformations maps only 15 fields, to avoid loop and check on fields not managed (never mapped) and speed up the routine I'd check only my 15 ones.

A workaround that I found is to create an Infosource in which the target is only my 15 fields, but in thios case I have two transformations and (I think) the performances will not be the best.

Thanks

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's still not clear what you would like to achieve or why something like this would be even required.

If you have field A, B and C mapped but not X, Y and Z and if in your end routine you are just updating (meaning only these fields are selected in the field list) A, B and C, then X, Y and Z remains unchanged if the target supports selective update (standard DSO and master data attributes).

But I think it would help a lot if you would provide a specific example which explains what the problem with the fields exactly is.