cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAL Solution Cost Management

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I want to align our CAL "run" capability to our company's normal hours and days of working to both reduce costs and resource consumption (being green).

However, as I look at this in CAL, in the schedule configuration, I would expect a start/stop that includes day and time together.

From this image and looking at this in CAL, it seems I can adjust the activity related to times or days, but not both together.

Am I seeing this correctly?  Perhaps there are some other options and ways to do this and other cost adjustments?

Thanks,

Wallace Henry

ihecht23
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it normal that when I have a 12 month subscription I can't schedule my activated solution ?

The corresponding selection fields cannot be used, no reaction

Kind regards

IH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wallace,

If you select the Weekly Recurrence option, you will be able to select the weekdays when to activate your instance.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

What I look for seems a bit more robust than the current capability.

For example:

Active, Normal operation:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

05:00 – 23:55

Suspended, hours:

Saturday:  00:00 – 00:05

Sunday:  00:00 – 04:55

It is also possible also we could want to suspend specific days, for example, if we have a global holiday or focused time away from a CAL delivery.

Best regards,

Wallace

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wallace,

With the the Weekly Recurrence option you could achieve having your instance active only from 05:00 till 23:55 on the working days of the week. Just set the time frame and check all days except Saturday and Sunday.

Regarding suspending an instance on specific dates, this could be done only manually.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

I think it can and should be more robust on the scheduling, but accept this is the way it is now.

Thanks for the review and clarifications; to me this is answered.

Best Regards,

Wallace

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Please reffer to Editing a Solution Instance and Authorization chapters of our Documentation.

Best regards,

Tsvetinka