cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Enable filterbar when ValuehelpDialog opens

veeraa83
Explorer
0 Kudos

We need to show Valuehelp and filters for the fields returned from the OData service in the valuehelp Dialog. We implemented valuehelpDialog with filterbar based the below sample code available on SAPUI5 SDK.

ValueHelpDialog with Filter bar sample example from SAPUI5 SDK

As you are aware, when a valuehelp dialog opens, the filters on the filterbar appear only when one clicks on the button “ShowAdvancedSearch/Show Filters”. We are asked make the filters appear by default, whenever the valuehelp dialog opens instead of the need click a button.

There is no standard property available for a ValuehelpDialog to realize this requirement. It would be helpful if you suggest any pointers on how to implement this. Please reply if you need any more details on this.

View Entire Topic
RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

I remember struggling with this a while back, and discovering that it somehow depended on the value of my SearchSupported annotation in the ValueListType. If I set it to true it would not display the filter fields in value help dialog by default, but if I set it to false it would.

<PropertyValue Property="SearchSupported" Bool="false"/>

I didn't quite figure out what the relation was, because our client was okay either way. But you may want to experiment with that annotation.

vvelinov
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A bit late, but the logic is that if you want the value help to support searching, means to have the search field this has precedence over filter fields (that you want to be visible upon opening the dialog).

That was design decision, with the assumption that people are more used to enter a term in one field, instead of going through multiple fields for most of the cases.

On the other side, if Search field is missing (SearchSupported=false) then the user should be presented with the filters opened and this was to enter directly filtering criteria.

We will look to provide such possibility when you open the dialog filter fields also to be opened, so stay tuned for updates.
cheers,

Vladimir Velinov
PO SAPUI5 Smart controls