cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use preview function in SAP Business Application Studio - t.close is not a function

ssimsekler
Active Contributor

Hello all

I have been following several tutorials where BAS is used and cannot use the preview functionality at all. This includes SAPUI5 applications using a local CAP application, using an ABAP service (RAP), using a service in SAP Netweaver test system (ES5), and using the Northwind OData test service.

When I execute a run configuration (or, say, choose Preview Application from the application info page), although it says the server is started, the preview does not open and it shows a notification saying "t.close is not a function" (screenshot below). "Ports: Preview" command shows the exposed port and when I select it simply does nothing, without showing or saying anything.

The debugger console shows the following:

I could fix the first error in the debugger console by adding "resolveSourceMapLocations" configuration in the launch.json file. But the main problem persists.

After hitting the problem, I deleted the existing BAS subscription and created a new one. I also tried Chrome and Edge browsers. No luck. Considering BAS comes with predefined plumbing and I simply use app generators, I am confused about why such errors occur in a clean subscription and makes me think I might have overlooked an essential step.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sedar,

could you please share which tutorial you were following?

Best regards,

Zdravko

0 Kudos

zdravko.georgiev : Any project end up showing same error even if it is a simple xml view without any service calls etc.

It has nothing to do with tutorials.

0 Kudos

please refer screenshot.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Update :- It has started working for me without any changes from my end.

Some plugin issue was there from platform end.

Refer the link :- https://answers.sap.com/questions/13713656/guided-development-html5-generator.html