cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS Annotations: How to not display a field on the List Report Column but keep then on the OData?

Which CDS Annotation can I use to not display a field in the UI and keep then into the metadata?

I need the value of the field for business calculation, but I do not want to show the field on the List Report Column.

The @UI.hidden and @UI.lineItem.exclude annotations do not work for me, because that annotations remove the field of the metadata and I need to keep them on metadata.

I am using OData v2 with Fiori Elements List Report.

View Entire Topic
vinod_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Josianni,

As far as I understand your requirement, you don't want to display the property in the UI (not even in the personalization dialog) but wanted to be retrieved from the backend, so that you can use for some calculation in the JS code.

In such cases you can mark the property as UI.Hidden as true which will ensure the property is not displayed in the UI (list, personalization dialog, form, filter,...etc). For ensuring the field is always requested from the backend, you can create a presentation variant and add the property in to RequestAtLeast. This would ensure the property is always requested from the backend

I am not sure about the CDS annotation but hope this can help you to find the corresponding one. In case this answer help you solve your issue mark them as Answer

Regards,

Vinod