Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 'Activate Your Account' form language according to end user language

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have changed the Activation email language that comes from IAS. I translated the email to Hungarian then I upload it and it works just fine.

The problem is that when I recive the email in the correct language I click on the Activation link (which is in the email) then this form comes up:

My question is that how can I change this form language?

Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Soma

Mikolt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Szia Soma,

I have just the opposite problem. The screens work fine in several languages, the only factor that counts is the default language of the browser. However, I've translated two of the email templates (on behalf registration and forgotten password), but whatever locale I set to new or existing users, the emails are delivered only in English (I waited not only the advised two minutes but even half days). So far the users were either created on the UI, or imported from a csv (later on they are going to be synched from SF), in both cases I've set the locale field, and I can see it in user management as well. Perhaps you can give a hint what it is that I missed?

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Szia Cecilia,

To solve your issue, you have to set the email template id, for exsample:

{

"targetPath": "$.emailTemplateSetId",

"constant": "67a49b24-5951-41f8-9a10-7ddd3567234f",

"scope": "createEntity"

},

You can find this id in the Applications & Resources -> Email Templeates tile. In the left panel you have to select the email template set you have configured and then from the browser url you will see the id.

Also dont forget to configure the email template for your Application as well in the Branding and Layout tab.

If you have any questions please reach out to me.

Best Regards,
Soma

Mikolt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt answer and my apologies for not replying earlier, there's no excuse (as a matter of fact, I was trying hard to digest your instructions... 🙂 )

The id seems to be the same across different systems, I can see the same series of characters that you quoted.

However I still don't know, where to insert the above code snippet. Into the transformation rules of the source or target system? Or somewhere else?

And I couldn't find any Branding and Layout tab... 😞 (I have full permission.)

Regards,

Mikolt

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Oh, no problem.

Okay let's see.

Q:
"However I still don't know, where to insert the above code snippet. Into the transformation rules of the source or target system? Or somewhere else?"

A:
You have to insert it to the target system transformation. But there is SAP note which explaines it in detail:
3204536 - How to Setup up Identity Authentication Service (IAS) for Onboarding External Users – Onbo...

Q:
And I couldn't find any Branding and Layout tab... 😞 (I have full permission.)

A:
I send you a printscreen which should answer your question.
brandingandlayout.png

If you have more questions, please reach out to me in a private message and I would love to help.

Best Regards,
Soma

Mikolt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks!
The printscreen was a great help. In the meanwhile I also found and changed the emailTemplateSetId mapping 🙂
(No OnB module this time, but I have several other (official) guides and KBA-s, part of the problem is when they contradict 😄 . I also have a look at the KBA you mentioned.)

Regards,

Mikolt

View Entire Topic
istvanbokor
Advisor
Advisor

Szia Soma,

When you create a user, you should provide a locale attribute, so that the user receives the activation email in his language, if that language version of the email exists. Let me know in case of any questions. Example: https://api.sap.com/api/IdDS_SCIM/path/createUser - you can also modify the IPS transformation on the IAS target if you create the user via IPS.

Best regards,
Istvan

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Szia István,

In our scenario, we provision users through IPS jobs. Can you write an example of the IAS target transformation.
Now it looks like this: (We are using scim api 2)

{

"sourcePath": "$.locale",

"targetPath": "$.locale",

"optional": true

},

How should I change it?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Soma

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soma

I'm not sure why the standard transformations for IAS and SF include the mapping you mentioned. The problem is that the locale in SF uses a different format than in IAS so the mapping you're doing is probably not valid and causes the user to be created in IAS with a blank value in the Language field due to the invalid locale.

Seems that the standard option is described here: 3059685 - Import Collaborator Language into Identity Authentication

But yo can also evaluate setting the value as constant in IAS transformation (target system) with something like

{

"constant": "HU",

"targetPath": "$.locale"

}

Thanks

Diego