cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIG transaction tracker handling

KlugS
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Since 2024 we are sending documents via Ariba CIG which means we had some time to get familiar with Transaction Tracker, especially for error handling. This question might be related to missing experience but we checked all available CIG documentation and did not find proper answers.

As per our impression, CIG transaction tracker seems to be foreseen for "manual" handling or the handling of a lower number of documents. Please find our biggest concerns below:

1. It doesn't seem to be possible to be actively informed about errors (e.g. in case of failed status) and to set up any scheduled reports
-> That means it seems to be necessary to login to CIG on a regular basis and manually search for documents or download the list in excel

2. If you download a list of documents, the error message in case of failed status is not part of the list at all
-> You can only see document errors by using mouseover function for each document. This highly increases the analysis effort

3. It is not possible to do any kind of clearing in CIG (delete / obsolete failed documents)
-> That means it is impossible to keep track of which documents have been already cleaned up and which still require attention

4. Maximum document number to be downloaded in excel is 5000
-> currently we exchange already more than 5000 documents per day. As we just have migrated 25% of our suppliers to CIG, this number will extremely grow. We can't download a list several times a day to track documents. 

We would appreciate to receive any feedback / best practices about how other Partners are dealing with CIG transaction tracker, especially those with higher document count. Do you see any solution for the issues described above? 

Francois-Xavier
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Klugs. Interesting post and I agree 200% with most of your comments. In my company, we are also dealing with a huge amount of transactional document flowing in CIG (100 000+ /month) and have the same pain points. Unfortunately and as far as I know, there is no technical solution to what you explained. We need a person to connect to CIG on a regular basis which is very costly.... Did you try to create a Customer influence about this in SAP web site ? Or to escalate this to your SAP ARIBA/SBN account manager (CSC) ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KlugS
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Today we have created an Improvement Request via Ariba Connect:

Request ID 321282
Title "Improve CIG Transaction Tracker handling"
Category "SAP integration Suite, managed gateway"

Everybody with similar issues please feel free to vote for it. 

Mridul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello @KlugS @Francois-Xavier - Thats correct, as of now we cannot remove the message or change the status (This is how product is designed and we cannot customize the same) Based on below, KBA Product team is planning to release some enhancement for transaction monitoring. 

https://support.ariba.com/item/view/KB0405727 

Francois-Xavier
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello @Mridul. Thanks for feedback again. This KBA is already from 1 year ago and nothing has changed (and nothing in roadmap) so I would not be very optimistic...
Mridul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. It doesn't seem to be possible to be actively informed about errors (e.g. in case of failed status) and to set up any scheduled reports
-> That means it seems to be necessary to login to CIG on a regular basis and manually search for documents or download the list in excel [Mridul: Thats correct, as of now, CIG doesn't provide option to schedule any reports or jobs to get the list of error/transactions etc.]

2. If you download a list of documents, the error message in case of failed status is not part of the list at all
-> You can only see document errors by using mouseover function for each document. This highly increases the analysis effort [Mridul: I agree list doesn't provide details about failed transaction. I would suggest raising Enhancement Request with SAP]

3. It is not possible to do any kind of clearing in CIG (delete / obsolete failed documents)
-> That means it is impossible to keep track of which documents have been already cleaned up and which still require attention [Mridul: I didn't your questions, are you are saying once transaction is reprocessed, you can see audit history of this transaction ID?]

4. Maximum document number to be downloaded in excel is 5000
-> currently we exchange already more than 5000 documents per day. As we just have migrated 25% of our suppliers to CIG, this number will extremely grow. We can't download a list several times a day to track documents.  [Mridul: Considering the performance to run heavy queries, product team designed to limit 5000 documents in one excel export run]

Francois-Xavier
Explorer
0 Kudos
Mridul hello. Thanks for the feedback but the customer influence way is useless, there is already ton of CIs created by other customer on the same topics and nothing has never moved. That's what is called "listening to your customer" lol
KlugS
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Mridul, Hi Francois-Xavier.
KlugS
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you both for your replies. As per the handling, I see there seems no customer friendly solution. I also mus admit that it doesn't seem to be a very mature solution considering that whole CIG world is comparable to an interface. Of course we will create an ER but in the past years we made the same experience that this whole process is rather unsatifying - if there is a lack of votes, SAP doesn't feel responsible to provide a solution. In case there are many votes, there are often some other reasons why a solution is not possible. So customers feel like having the chance to change something but most cases are not successful. Coming back to the initial topic and your question, Mridul: I was talking about the possibility to clear documents in CIG transaction tracker. It is possible to reprocess documents. But in most cases it is rather neccessary to resend documents from ERP system after the error has been solved. In that case it would be better to obsolete a failed document in CIG to let everyone know that this case has been solved. Otherwise the failed document will appear in every download for the next 4 weeks.