Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Iterate function in SAC model

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can someone please help me in understanding the Iterate function. I have taken the below example : I have created 4 calculated measures with Iterate formula. 

praveen_kumar334_1-1714412427461.png

My assumption after referring some doc is, Iterate function will do cumulative sum based on dimension values(let's consider the date dimension with different granularity). For this I have considered the below example, where i have created multiple Calculated measures with Iterate function with all date(considered only 2024 and 2025) permutation. so since we have 12 month data, the iterate function should do cumulative for 24 times and summation should result in 240. 

praveen_kumar334_2-1714413235150.png

praveen_kumar334_3-1714413322146.png

praveen_kumar334_4-1714413393059.png

Based on the above output, I see all the calculated measures are matching with my assumption, but for the Calculated measures Iterate Quantity Calday, I see the different values. 

Can someone please help me in getting this functionality of this Iterate. 

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen. 

View Entire Topic
Cynthia_lalanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @praveen_kumar334 , 

From Help portal : Iterate Formula Details | SAP Help Portal 

Iterate results are reflective of the hierarchy order of the dimension and do not reflect the sorting appearance on the front end. For flat dimensions, where no hierarchy exists, results are reflective of the dimension ID ordering within the model. For more information, see SAP Note 3293548 

If I understand, Year is the top level of Date Dimension, so you can't have a cumulative result for this node with iterative function

Lv1 : Year 

Lv2 : Call Quarter

Lv3 : Call Month

Lv4 : Call Week

Lv5 : Call Day

I hope its helps, 

Best Regards, 

Cynthia

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @Cynthia_lalanne for the reply. But in the above attached SS, we see the values are getting cumulated even at year as well. eg : From 202401 to 202412 the value of Iterate_Qty Calmonth, Iterate_Qty_Calquarter the value is getting cumulated to next year. Looks like it is processing in different way. 

Can someone please help in understanding the functionality of Iterate function. 

Thanks Many,

Regards,

Praveen.