cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume external OData as Batch Request

petergilberg
Participant

Dear ABAPers,

is there any way to bundle outgoing OData calls in a batch request (e.g. calling a non-SAP OData API from an ABAP report)? I could do this using the HTTP Client class and building up a batch body as string and send it via POST request, but this doesn't feel very nice 🙂

I did some research and couldn't find anything pointing that way (also looking at client proxies).

Many thanks in advance for some hints or confirmation, that there's no build-in functionality!

P.S.: Not talking about implementing a gateway OData with change sets.

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What do you mean by "batch request" ? And how would you call SAP OData API? I am trying to understand what you are trying to do (or where is the problem) 🙂
View Entire Topic
Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor

Thanks for clarification about "batch". I have checked this resource explaining OData Batch processing. Is it what you want?

If yes, then it seems it should be doable with ABAP - HTTP requests, using cl_http_client. But I did not tried it myself.
Only tricky part seems to be working with Multipart content type in request + response. But ABAP HTTP request has method "ADD_MULTIPART". For HTTP Multipart response I see "NUM_MULTIPARTS" (Returns the number of multi-part segments of this entity) + "GET_MULTIPART" method (Returns the specified multipart segment of this entity).

petergilberg
Participant
Yes, that's what I'm trying to achieve. Before doing these code-pull ups 🙂 I wanted to make sure, there isn't a nicer/easier way. Thanks for your feedback Tomas!