Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of ITSM configuration in solman7.2

shiv99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is requirement of creating incidents (for specific project) with new number range. For the same I can only think of coping ITSM Configuration with new (customize) transaction type.

Please suggest if there is any other way to do it and what steps needs to be considered to make of copy of ITSM in same solman where is it already configured.

Thanks and Regards,

Shivani.

shiv99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In SAP Note https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2627889 it is explained how to keep separate number range for two different transaction types (e.g. ZMIN and ZMRQ) but I would like to keep different number range for SMIN and ZMIN (ZMIN will be copy of SMIN and will be used for specific project for specified time). Also ZMIN will be restricted to limited users.

Please suggest any challenges are expected here or any suggestion for this scenario is appreciated.

Also suggest any thing else I need to take care to make this config useful.

Regards,

Shivani.

View Entire Topic
VigneshPrabhu99
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello shiv99,

It is better to create a new ITSM transaction type with new number range, so that it would be used for that particular project.

Thanks,

Vignesh

shiv99
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello vigneshprabhub,

First of all, Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, we are planning to copy SMIN (to ZMIN) for new project. Main intention to keep new incidents separate for new projects with different number range.

Is there anything else to be done apart of transaction type copy e.g., business role copy or anything else?

Thanks,

Shivani.

VigneshPrabhu99
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not required to create another Business role for this case.

Thanks,

Vignesh