cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a value help with data from on-premise with RAP on BTP

sebastian_wilhelm1
Participant

Hi Experts!

I'm creating a transactional App with RAP on BTP and my requirement is actually quite simple.

I want to display Article Data which are stored in a S/4 On-Premise System and store some Article Attributes in a table on BTP. I built a database table, CDS Views, Business Service,... . The user must be able to select an article via a value help in the app.

Do you know, how I can create a value help with article ids (matnr) or more article information from the on-premise system?

I think this is a very common task?! I've been searching a lot but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian

View Entire Topic
sagarprusty1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a RAP model, we need to provide the value help view to the material field in CDS view.

You can use C_MM_MaterialValueHelp CDS view as the search help here for material.

Please try to do a where used list which will be helpful to incorporate in your requirement.

It will not be same as the GUI one but it is the standard solution.

Annotations as below

@Search.searchable : true
@Consumption.valueHelpDefinition: (..)

Refer Link for the details of the annotations.

sebastian_wilhelm1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar! I couldn't find a cds view called C_MM_MaterialValueHelp in my ABAP Environment on our BTP. Searched in Eclipse > Ctrl + Shift + A. I also searched under "Released Objects" manually but couldn't find such a CDS View! Is this view outdated?

Another question: how can such a cds view access the data on the on-premise system? I guess, this won't work automatically