cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2022 on Windows 11 ARM

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello , I'm trying to create my development environment on a Windows 11 ARM virtual machine on a Macbook Pro M3 (Silicon ARM) : can anyone tell me if Crystal Report for Visual Studio working on ARM Visual Studio + ARM operating system ?

I installed the latest available version SP35 to 64 (CRforVS6413SP35_0-80007712.EXE) with Visual Studio 2022, but the CR components are not loaded.

Thank You

View Entire Topic
DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR and VS does require running in Admin mode for permissions to various registry and other resources, so it does make a difference.

On install did you click the OK button at the end to install the 32 bit runtime, both 32 and 64 bit runtime is required in VS.

Does the CRDesigner file exist?

Run regedit32.exe and drop the file into the command line, does it register or complain?

The key it's looking for is:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CrystalReportsEmbeddedDesigner\DefaultIcon

Look in the install log and search on errors

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\{datestamtp}\setupengine.log

Rename the file to *.txt and attach it and I'll have a look. Not sure if it is too big to attach though, try zipping it up and rename it to txt or put it on a share for me to get..

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

On install process I leave checked Yes , install 32-bit runtime .

CRDesigner.dll exist and i found it in registry

No setupengine.log found in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\ (and subdir)

Screenshot 2024-04-29 alle 22.47.01.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 alle 22.54.13.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 alle 23.02.29.png

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

if I install CRforVS without Run as Administrator, the CRDesigner.dll and CRVsPackage.dll loading error does not appear , but when I try to use the crystalreportviewer component an error still appears.

Additionally, .rpt files are displayed as binary files

Screenshot 2024-04-29 alle 23.35.30.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 alle 00.14.11.png

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'll provide you with the only log I was able to find regarding the installation. thanks for your help

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging\CR4VS64.log

link google drive =  file log