cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report with Visual Studio 2022 Preview

hussain-kn
Explorer

Is crystal report support Visual Studio 2022?

I can't find crystal report in VS2022

cyrille_duthy69
Explorer

Visual Studio 2022 is not a Preview anymore the final version has been released and we got the same question here.

Can we hope for a SP32 soon ?

radu-sorin-vremescu
Discoverer

Any news about 2022 integration?

armin74
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Visual Studio 2022 is 64bit only, so maybe not so easy to make the Plugin running.

emerson_lopes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ano de 2022 já, e o Crystal Reports SP32 saiu ou não ?

waleed25
Discoverer

Still crystal report SP32 not release if yes when will be ?

former_member720491
Discoverer

According to a SAP Community Wiki it is expected by end of April 2022 if all goes well.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads

inidhelp

It's mid-may 2022,Any update on the Progress ?

I have a sytstem-update-case in my hand and wish to update evertything to the latest possible.

nchinnak

is Crystal Reports going to be supported in VS2022 and other versions of VS for asp .net and core?

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I had the Beta and Windows 11 running, not sure why it's not working now, it worked for me.

SP 32 will officially support both, hopefully, unless they have issues integrating it.

FYI - if you had CR for VS install previously for an earlier version of VS you will need to run the installer again to get CR for VS integrated into the newly installed version of VS.

hussain-kn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Don.

cyrille_duthy69
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the Beta of SP32 ? SP31 simply refuse to install on VS 2022.

runju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don, been looking forward to this kind of news. Thanks
I'm hoping Community will continue to support Crystal Reports after every VS release but it still pains, after reading a few SAP Blogs, that there won't be Crystal Report release for NET Core Projects

dlkasdgflksdfkj
Explorer

Thanks for the follow up Don. I know you can't give us a release date for SP32. But can you give us a scale? Is it weeks/months/quarters/years away from release?

jpl0908
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any update on SP32's release date?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

When the SP32 will be released?

dlkasdgflksdfkj
Explorer

Now that VS2022 has been in general availability for over a month, this update is especially important. This is the only issue stopping me from being able to use the new VS version. Is there any work-around that can be used to access the designer from the new IDE or from a command line?

Hi All,

Dell and I have already said it's currently not supported, check the Platforms link Dell posted. I have it installed and it's working mostly for me for old projects.

Or the one for CR for VS here that's on the WIKI:

SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Microsoft Visual Studio – Supported Platforms

Since it's 64 bit only we are building a 64 version of the Embedded Report Designer and integrating it into VS 2022.

From what I understand there will be a separate installer for VS 2022. I'll know more later when I get updates from R&D.

Have fun and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Don

runju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, any progress on the SP 32 for VS 2022 Release?

jpl0908
Explorer
0 Kudos

How are we looking for VS 2022 - SP 32 (still in development - expected to be released by mid May 2022 if all goes well. Note: the release date may change)? Still on schedule for mid May?

former_member775623
Discoverer

Hope it will be released soon.

DellSC
Active Contributor

As of SP30, VS 2022 is not supported yet. Also, if VS 2022 is still in Beta, it is not supported because SAP only supports versions that are GA.

You can find information about what options are supported in the Product Availability Matrix here: https://www.sap.com/documents/2016/06/f871031e-757c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html This document is updated with every SP that is released.

I have heard that SP31 is due out sometime in the next couple of weeks, so it may be supported there (but not if VS 2022 is still in Beta.

-Dell

hussain-kn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Dell.

hope VS2022 be GA. soon.

former_member784291
Discoverer

VS 2022 is now GA. Any idea when a compatible version of Crystal Reports will be released?

unknown1002912
Discoverer

SAP has been pretty good about getting releases out soon after a new version of Visual Studio has been released. I too am in the same situation as you in that I have code that I'm upgrading and need a new version. One thing I'd really like to see is a move from the legacy .NET Framework to .NET Core (or just .NET as it's now called). Maybe with the advent of .NET 6 it can happen.

DellSC
Active Contributor

I suspect that VS2022 support will be available in SP32, but don.williams can verify that. He might also have some information about support for .NET Core.

-Dell

0 Kudos
fervalh
0 Kudos

Hello, did you install the new version for visual studio 2022?

When I am installing the new version, an error pops up : You must already have Microsoft Visual c + + 2013 Redistributable (X64) installed to proceed with this installation.

Is there any solution?

vtkharat
0 Kudos

Install Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable(X64) bit and then install Crystal Reports.