Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAP Behavior towards Change log of DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Requesting for Clarification.

When we move data form a DSO the data is moved out of Active table. In case if we have scenario where the data is picked from Change log, and I move data out from “A” dso to NLS DB(active table). When I bring back this data how will the change log behave?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Suresh Narayan

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

The idea is to relaod the data not to the same DSO but to a copy of it (which would be empty initially), hence when loading back the data, it would be a new INSERT operation, hence a new changelog would be filled with entries. In order to report on all data from the online database, you could use a multiprovider (or from BW7.4 onwards, especially with HANA, a composite provider would be the better solution) that contains both DSOs.

Regards,

Alex Scivos

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh & Alex,

in my opinion it depends on the scenario. When you reload data from the NLS to the DSO in most cases it should NOT affect the changelog (because the data was already processed further, e.g. in a cube on top of it). So the data is simply written back to the active table of the DSO (e.g. this is necessary when you want to reload data which was already archived).

Best regards,

Michael