cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data action isn't running in SAC

ahfadoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to create a data action that counts values based off of the members in my dimension. I have researched different methods and this is what I found suited it me as I need it so that I may reference the dimension it goes into so that I may call upon it in another function. My current formula is shown below and I am really struggling getting it to work as I want. If anyone could be of help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks! Ammar

ahfadoo_0-1708335502254.png

View Entire Topic
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ahfadoo 

Are you trying to count all service providers which in your case is 9 and write this number as a data intersection or you are assigning an index like 1,2,3 etc to each of the service providers. If latter is what you are doing the code will work but you need to specify the default members for each dimensions ( may be #) inside DATA() else it would try to write 1, 2 ,3 and so on all the combination of master data scope of dimensions which would be huge and I do not think thats the right way of approaching this.

Br.

Nikhil

ahfadoo
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Nikhil! Thank you for your response. I essentially want to have the first option you mentioned where I can count each member so that I may refrence that count in another ID in case a new value ever gets added. I appreciate the help! Thank you!
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
Ok In that case why do you need to scope other dimensions with so many members. Even without them you foreach will assign 9 to @count at the end of the loop. Your DATA statement should be outside the loop else its getting triggered on every iteration. Finally you should specify all dimension master data where you want to write this value of 9 either explicitly inside DATA() or through MEMBERSET. It should be one value for each dimension depending on what combination you want to write the value of 9.
ahfadoo
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you so much for your help as usual!