cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data isolation in SAP Analytics Cloud

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

we store our data in a HANA cloud. Using Business Application Studio, we build calculation views that are then consumed in the SAC story.

We want to share this story with different user groups, who should all see the same story, but with a different filter (concretely, the filter of their instance).

Unfortunately, we can't find a way to implement this requirement. Duplicating the story for each instance and then setting the filter fixed is not an option.

Can someone please help us out here? If this requirement cannot be implemented using filter, what are the alternatives?

Thank you and best regards

Benedikt

View Entire Topic
Sven_Knöpfler
Active Participant
0 Kudos

benedik_lueth : In case you dont find a better option you could define bookmarks for each user group with the predefined filter for this specific user group.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply sven.knpfler4! Unfortunately, I can't implement it that way because users are not allowed to see each other's data (requirement data isolation). With bookmarks I can set the default view, but I can't make sure that the other views are not seen, right?

0 Kudos

I have now tried to implement it as follows with bookmarks and data isolation: I made the instance filter non-editable for users and then set it to an instance, e.g. "DH". Then I bookmarked the view and assigned it to a user group. Next, I set the instance filter to another instance, e.g. "ILC". However, I then get the following error message:

So it seems with the data isolation requirement it really is not implementable (please correct me if I am wrong). Thank you very much anyway sven.knpfler4!

Sven_Knöpfler
Active Participant

sven.knpfler4: The approach sounds complex and would go beyond the scope of our project. We have now decided to move from Stories to Analytic Applications, because we can implement this requirement more easily here. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your support!