Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasphere currency conversion issue

bohdan_kureshov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I have tried to model a view on with a currency conversion in free-plan tenant Datasphere like in this exercises - https://github.com/SAP-archive/data-warehouse-cloud-modeling/tree/main/exercises/ex3/internal-orders.... I also took data from there.

As a result I get an error like this: "The query executed with errors. Caught exception : exception 70000719: Conversion( "CurrencyConversionMeasure" ), row 0: could not determine valid conversion rate for value(s) 480976 from unit 'USD' to unit 'EUR' on date 2010-11-17 00:00:00.0000000 because of an error during rate lookup: invalid conversion type was found in "ABWCT" column". 

If I delete that record in TCURF or replace ABWCT=EURX with empty value, I get: "could not determine valid conversion rate for value(s) 480976 from unit 'USD' to unit 'EUR' on date 2010-11-17 00:00:00.0000000"

I have tried to use CURRENCY_CONVERSION function in calculated column, currency conversion column (in View and in Analytical model); different dates and currencies; generate currency views in Datasphere, but result is the same. Are there any restrictions for free-plan tenants?

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
@bohdan_kureshov Do you have a records for Currency Type (KURST) = 'M' and dates 2010-11-17 in TCURF and TCURR when you replaced ABWCT=EURX with empty value in TCURF table?
View Entire Topic
kpsauer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

please use the built in currency conversion option documented here: Enabling Currency Conversion with TCUR* Tables and Views. The archived Git-repo explains a workaround which was valid 3 years ago and is now outdated. I recommend not to use this old and archived repo, as the software advanced over the past 2-3 years dramatically and this old repo is not further maintained as you have seen on the repo status.

bohdan_kureshov
Explorer
0 Kudos
As I mentioned before, I have also tried native currency conversion column in Graphical view and in Analytical model, but the result is the same, so I don't understand what is wrong