cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline handling in Flexible Workflows

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor

Hi,

I have been developing SAP Workflows for a while, but I am new to Flexible Workflows !

I am configuring the (SAP) PO Approval Flexible Workflow. The deadline functionality seems quite limited.
I see that when a deadline passes the item is simply marked as 'overdue' in Fiori My Inbox.
Is there no option to execute follow-on actions?

Q1: In Flexible Workflows, is it possible to use a Factory Calendar to calculate deadlines?

Q2: In Flexible Workflows, is it possible to send an email when a deadline has passed?

Note that I am using the SAP delivered Flexible PO workflow. It can be configured or enhanced, but not modified.
We are on S/4 HANA 1909.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Dave_Sharma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I had similar situation

Option 1-

Copy RSWUWFML2( Send Notifications for the work items) and just changed the selection of work item (PERFORM select_workitems) for deadline items based on the task.

Option -2 Try to check /IWWRK/BADI_WF_BEFORE_UPD_IB Badi, it may be before updating status of overdue it passes through it. I hope it will work but not very sure.

Thanks

Dave

View Entire Topic
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to implement on of this relevant Method. I am tired of coding for Flexible workflow. Probably SAP wants to shift from Niche skill to ABAP consultant 🙂

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor

Thanks Arghadip. Do you have any particular method in mind?

I looked at this callback class, but I can't imagine any of these methods being executed while a workitem is sitting forgotten in a user's inbox...

I am thinking of going with a Z program to check for deadlines and send emails. The horror!