cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Side Effects are not triggered

jhodel18
Active Contributor

I'm using Fiori Elements (sap.ui.version = 1.97.0) and according to the documentation about Side-Effects:

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#/topic/18b17bdd49d1436fa9172cbb01e26544.html

the default side-effects don't need to be annotated to work, however, upon creation of a new entity via an Object Page, there's an indication that this is not the case. The response data coming from the call to action "draftPrepare" provides a series of null values indication that calculated fields are not triggered and no refresh of object page's displayed values. I will have to manually use the refresh button from the browser in order for the data to be displayed.

The Fiori Elements app is coupled with a CAP nodejs backend. This is Fiori Elements V4 by the way.

Could this be a bug on the latest version of sapui5?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johdel,

did you found a solution to this issue maybe with later UI5 versions?

Best Regards
Gregor

jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @gregorw

I didn't encounter the issue in other UI5 versions. I build an app recently using UI5 version 1.114.0 and default side effects work flawlessly. I created a new entity from Object Page -- after I pressed the "create" button, the page was refreshed with the new record along with the calculated properties (and still using CAP backend).

Thanks and regards,

Jhodel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)