Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable App finder

csd0156
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new here and so far have little knowledge about Fiori authorization.

My question: How can I disable the App Finder in the Lauchpad for certain users?
Thanks for your input/answer

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

App Finder lists out all the Catalogs and the contained apps, which have been assigned to users via the business roles. Can you explain the business use case, why you want to disable the App Finder?

csd0156
Discoverer

Dear Saurabh,

we have in some cases a very large catalog catalog where users are allowed to see groups as parts of that catalog. Means, via AppFinder they could get apps they should neither see nor have.

As I know, the AppFinder can only be disabled globally, but for some individual key users.key user the AppFinder should remain possible.

AntonioRivera
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone!

I have a similar use case, csd0156; did you get to figure out a way to solve it? Could you please share it, if it's the case?

Regards

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not too sure how disabling the app finder can be done, but the below statement you mentioned sounds wrong. If any user is not supposed to view specific app(s), then the security role(s) assigned to that user should never have the catalog containing that app assigned. It should never be the case that user is able to view/execute apps from the App Finder for which he/she has no access.

via AppFinder they could get apps they should neither see nor have.

csd0156
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This is the case: You create a catalog with many groups (with apps). But you want to give , f.e. a group of people only certain groups and not all groups. To prevent them from seeing all the apps, you need to disable the App Finder.
Sure, you can create one catalog for each group of people and with with apps where persons in group may use. It depends on how you organize and how much work you think you will have with the one way or the another.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csd0156
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found a way, which is recommended by SAP, There is a /catalogue UI2/CONFIG_PERS_OFF. You can create a separate Z-role with this catalog. There is no autorization behind it. The function "App Finder" , but also "Edit page" are disable. For me it is sufficient