Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Information Extraction : Purpose of Documents and Templates

peter_munt4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just installed the Document Information Extraction. Wondering what the purpose is for Documents and Templates. If I have 3 different Supplier Invoices do I create 3 documents and then tie all of those into 1 Template ?

I have at the moment uploaded 3 documents - when uploading a document you must choose a schema and a template. You can see from the screenshots that my documents have a template "PetersTest". But when I look at the Template only 1 document is there and this is because I specially added it on that Template tile. I was expecting it to have all 3 documents.

View Entire Topic
Jay_Xiong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You got it right. SAP CIM is a DOX powered application.

From the image you uploaded. It looks like CODE is an line item, and I can see 3 line items in that one image. When you do the "add to template", it is true the entire document is added to the template, assuming
1. you have already created a schema --> the schema should have the CODE line item field included
2. you have already created a template based on the schema

Your 3rd step should be add the document to the template, and the 4th step is to activate the template for future usage. I couldn't see if you have done so, but here are help documentations and tutorials you can follow to learn how to use this service correctly.

SAP DOX Tutorial

SAP DOX Help

To your last question, you don't have to do this for every line. Sometimes marking one line will work, for more stable performance you can mark a few more lines.

peter_munt4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jie

I've seen the DOX tutorials and Help - still confused - it is because they do not explain why - they just say how. I'll take another look.

I've asked another question specifically on CIM and DOX relationship. Could you take a look ? SAP CIM and DOX - how are they known to each other?. | SAP Community