cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation Output Issue in Enable Now

parmsethi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I updated one of the Documentation Styles: SAP - Single Document and finished editing/saved it to server. Once I did that, I could see that under Start Links for this entity, the Local Preview showed the new version of doc output when I clicked the 'Play Content' button. But the Authoring Preview and Published View are still showing the old version.

I tried everything from synchronizing workarea to publishing the Adaptable Resources but nothing helped. I even went to the Manager and verified that my updated version was in fact the most recent published version.

My team is not able to see my changes that I made to the SAP - Single Document when they Generate Word Document outputs that use the SAP - Single Document as the template.

Please advise.

View Entire Topic
Nicky_Triggs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Parmsethi,

When you edit a template like the SAP - Single Document this document is initially stored locally on your PC and I often find it isn't automatically registered by Producer. 

To make sure the changes are "seen" by Producer I will often do the following:

• Make sure I have the editing token on the Documentation Style in Adaptable Resources ("green pencil" icon).
  • Modify the SAP - Single Document and save the changes in MS Word.
  • Go back to Producer, right click on the Documentation Style and select Refresh Object.
    If the changes have been registered by Producer you will see the Editing "green pencil" Icon change to the Changes to Be Saved "purple flower/star" icon. 
  • Finally finish editing and publish the resources.

I do often find without refreshing the object, to re-read the local files, changes to these templates are often missed. 

I hope that helps solve your problem.

Thanks

Nicky

parmsethi
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Nicky! Publishing Resources did the trick. For some reason, publishing Adaptable Resources did not help yesterday. Today I published the entire Resources group and it worked! Thanks a lot