cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Process Automation support parallel processing?

Pyc
Participant

G'day all,

Is parallel processing supported in SAP Build Process Automation?

I'm working on an inbound email PDF Invoice process based very much off the Discovery Centre SBPA Invoice Processing Journey and want the ability to spawn parallel flows for each Invoice taken from Outlook (there can be mulitple mails, muliple Invoices per mail, multiple Invoices per PDF). I can't see how this can be achieved.

I'm trying to avoid processing sequentially mostly because the DOX OCR elements take so long. I don't want the AP clerk waiting after each Invoice for the next one to process.

I contemplated running a job on a short time interval and only processing one email per instance, but there is still the potential for multiple invoices per mail.

Any and all advice greatly appreaciated.

Have fun,
Mark

View Entire Topic
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Mark,

For your case, you can design the process with parallel gateway with two branches where one branch can call the RPA Bot for extraction in keep them in a folder, and another branch can have another RPA Bot that can read the extracted data and trigger the sub-process directly from the Bot. Starting a sub-process from the RPA Bot is an asynchronous activity.

So you need to create a sub-process (with API trigger as start activity) which calls the WF step and then add this sub-process in the RPA Bot (read more in the help documentation).

• To let you know, SAPUI5 based Forms will be available in few weeks time.

Hope that helps,
Archana