Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse/ADT cannot find SAPGUI for Java on Linux system

helpmesap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am getting to know ABAP and, after some exposure to SAPGUI for Java on Linux aswell as SAPGUI for Windows, I am now exploring ABAP development with Eclipse on my Linux machine. My problem is as follows: Whenever I try to open SAPGUI from inside Eclipse (or, for that matter, any object which is not source code such as a domain, database table or data element) I receive the following error message:

Failed to open the SAP GUI for Java: Found installation of SAP GUI for Java is too old. Minimum version is 074000000000 . Please install the latest gui version.
Installed versions []

Since I have two fully functional SAP GUI for Java installations (v7.5 and v7.7) I assume Eclipse/ADT is unable to locate the installations. How can I tell ADT/Eclipse where to find my SAPGUI for Java installation(s)?

Kind Regards

View Entire Topic
abo
Active Contributor

Try clearing ~/.SAP/ for your local user, then try again.

Also, which JDK did you use? I've had tons of trouble until I tried SapMachine

Oh and... I thought the Java GUI was stuck at 7.5, I should recheck!

helpmesap
Explorer

I'm indeed running Eclipse with SAP Machine JDK v15.0.1 (configured using eclipse.ini's -vm flag). Clearing ~/.SAP/ didn't help.

My SAPGUI for Java installations are located at $HOME/bin/sap/sapgui-v7.5 (..v7.7 respectively) which. most likely, are not standard paths and hence it's no surprise Eclipse/ADT cannot locate them. Is there a way to configure Eclipse/ADT where to look? Or, alternatively, what are the expected SAPGUI for Java installation paths which Eclipse/ADT will examine? I could just symlink the directory - not desirable, but if it works, it works.

SAPGUI for Java v7.7 is available as beta. Give it a try. Still lacks all the windows-specific stuff, sadly.

abo
Active Contributor

I'll check it out, perhaps later this evening. I'll also check what I did in order to have Eclipse find the GUI.

"Presentation - 7.70 Comp.1 Present.2 SAP GUI for Java 7.50"

Ehr.... 7.70 or 7.50 ? O_o

helpmesap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can't recall seeing that name anywhere during my installation. Check this link to the SAP software center which should list an entry titled SAP GUI FOR JAVA 7.70, which lets you download a zip-archive or a .jar file (see attached image). I used the installer contained in the zip-archive. Does that work for you?

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is weird, I can't find your file even with the screenshot and the name 😕

This is where I got the strange 7.50 / 7.70 name, search for "java gui 7.70":

Anyhow, it's safe to say we're using different installation packages and that might explain your issue.