cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficient Data Transfer from Azure SQL Database to SAP Datasphere to SAP Analytics Cloud

rijin_baby
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm currently working on integrating Azure SQL Database (Azure DB) with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) to streamline data integration and analysis. I've been using SAP Data Warehouse Cloud (DWC) as the intermediary platform for replicating data from Azure DB and then transferring it to SAC. However, I'm curious if there are alternative and more efficient methods to achieve this data transfer without the need for data replication in DWC.

Here's the current process I've been following:

• Replication: Data from Azure SQL Database is replicated into SAP Data Warehouse Cloud (DWC) for centralized storage and management.
  • Extraction and Transformation: Once in DWC, the data is extracted and transformed to prepare it for analysis.
  • Transfer to SAP Analytics Cloud: Finally, the data is passed on from DWC to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for advanced analytics and visualization.

While this approach works, I'm wondering if there are alternative methods that can offer improved efficiency. Specifically, I'm interested in exploring options that minimize or eliminate the need for data replication in DWC.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and expertise. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and recommendations!

Best regards,

rijin_baby
Participant
0 Kudos

nikhil_1486

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sven_Knöpfler
Active Participant
XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DSP has data federation and remote access to SQL Server in Azure, so it's possible to push down queries directly to MSSQL and get the result in DSP and transfer it to SAC stories without data replication.

You can choose a model that federates and/or replicates data, the best option depends in the performance of SQL Server queries, if it's low then is better to replicate and prepare the data for analysis in DSP, or maybe it is only necessary for some data and the rest can be federated.

The good thing about DSP is that it allows you to do both and you can adapt to the needs of the moment.

Regards,