Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty value rawError in "Get Record" block output

Jakub
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Has anyone had the same problem that from block: "Get record" error output has an empty rawError value? Even if the backend side has a response with all information?

Output Error from Get Record:
" {"code":"unknown","status":-1,"message":"Error: Request failed with status code 400","rawError":{}} "

Response from the backend with all information about the error.

This "get record" block needs a special response when I want to send an error message from backend?

Regards,
Jakub

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is the JSON that you sent the actual response body that is returned, or does that JSON describe the entire HTTP response?

View Entire Topic
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Assuming you need more control, you can use the HTTP Request flow function instead of the Get record. You lose some ease of use but you gain some control. If you need even more control, you can use JavaScript flow function and write whatever you want.

Here's information about the HTTP Request flow function

Jakub
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked with some mock JSON APIs and there is no such issue. Probably in Build Apps SAP hasn't created yet any correction for this.
You have the right that using an HTTP request will be a workaround for this situation, but in such a case, I will lose the direct integration by destination. In HTTP requests or JS, I can't use the created destination in SAP BTP.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm checking but so far it seems you can get the full response when the call succeeds but you cannot get the full response when there is an error (using flow functions).