Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable IAS in Successfactors Upgrade center

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our customer has SF and now they would like to enable IAS in the upgrade center.

Questions:
  1. When I enable IAS in the SF, I add the S-user and click Submit then (becasue the customer does not have IAS) there would be no pop up to choose the IAS tenant? So I would have to click on Create a New Tenant?
  2. Also, we do this in the test SF instance so the upgrade would create a test IAS tenant?
  3. If I would like to have a productive tenant then I have to enable it in the productive SF instance if not then how its created?

I have read this SAP note: 2791410 - Integrating SuccessFactors with Identity Authentication through the Upgrade Center - SAP f... However I havent find answers to my questions.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Soma

View Entire Topic
sushilgupta857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Hi Soma,

Please find answers to your queries below:

1. When I enable IAS in the SF, I add the S-user and click Submit then (becasue the customer does not have IAS) there would be no pop up to choose the IAS tenant? So I would have to click on Create a New Tenant?

For customers who already have IAS tenants in their landscape, it shows them option to select the existing one. In case customers don't have any IAS tenant in their landscape - as part of BiZx licensing they are entitled to receive 1 non prod and 1 prod IAS instance ( i think they started giving 1 IAS per enviroment - check for latest information in sap note). Now in your scenario you don't have any existing IAS tenants in your environment which is used for any other SAP SAAS product so it gives you option to create a free IAS tenant environment for yourself. Please go-ahead and create it. It will send an email with all the details to SUSER linked email address.

1. Also, we do this in the test SF instance so the upgrade would create a test IAS tenant?

It will create a non prod IAS instance for Non production enviroments and prod IAS tenant for Production environment. There is no as such difference in Non Prod and PROD IAS tenants (look and feel is same) - its possible they have some extra resources allocated to Prod IAS instance for better performance (didn't notice it yet)

1. If I would like to have a productive tenant then I have to enable it in the productive SF instance if not then how its created?

Yes it will show you an option to create a production environment IAS tenant. Also one more information in case it helps - for non production SF instances , it shows only non prod IAS tenants and for prod it shows prod ias instance however you can raise a ticket to SAP and remove this flag and all the tenants can be visible to you in Upgrade however once you do this - you loose the privilege to create a new tenant.

Let me know if it helps !

Happy learning

Regards

Sushil K Gupta

Soma5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sushil Gupta,

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. It answered all my questions.

Regards,
Soma