Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcing a language (english) for users

Stephen_Niemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,
I uploaded my Business User with language key EN but still when the users logs on to the ERP System he will get a german System (FIORI S4). Is there a way that I enforce the starting language of the users ERP System? I found the launchpad settings ab, but there I can only prevent the users from changing the language.

jmodaal
Active Contributor

Hello,

did you check the setting for the "Logon language" in the ERP system (transaction SU3 > tab "Defaults" for the own user)?

Kind regards

Jan

Stephen_Niemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response! The App SU3 does not exist in SAP S4 HANA Public Cloud 😕

TheGokke
Active Participant

SU01 than?

Stephen_Niemann
Participant
0 Kudos

sadly not 😕

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

View Entire Topic
DennisLeslie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

The language in the business users app is used only if there is no language defined in the Fiori Launchpad's settings. You can ask the user to use a URL like - https://myXXXXXX.s4hana.ondemand.com/ui?sap-language=EN#Shell-home and disable the option for the end users to change the language in the launchpad settings and from it picking up the browser language.

Regards,

Dennis

Stephen_Niemann
Participant
0 Kudos

The Launchpad only allows me to enforce that the user can not change the language, but it does not allow to specify any default language.
Where would I than adjust a default language?