cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: A valid project path is required to find the DB folder for "cds build"

Cocquerel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hana-cloud-cap-create-database-cds.html
--------------------------

At the step 3.8 of this tutoral, when creating the HDI service instance, I'm getting the following error in BAS notifications:

Failed to chdir to /local/source/openvscode-server: No such file or directory Error: Binding Service MyHANAApp-hdiMyHANAApp-db-deployer-ws-x2lqm failed : Unable to get service key 'SharedDevKey' details: Cannot obtain service key 'SharedDevKey' details: CF-ResourceNotFound (Creation of service key initial) [10010]

Anyway, I can see the service was created but the binding is still missing.

So, I have retried the binding to the newly created service and this time, it is successfull.

But then, at next step, when pressing the Deploy button, I'm getting the following error

*  Executing task in folder MyHANAApp: echo 'Could not prepare environment: Error: A valid project path is required to find the DB folder for "cds build"' && exit 1 && (npm ls --depth 0 --production || npm install) && (npm start -- --exit) 
Could not prepare environment: Error: A valid project path is required to find the DB folder for "cds build"
* The terminal process "/bin/bash '-c', 'echo 'Could not prepare environment: Error: A valid project path is required to find the DB folder for "cds build"' && exit 1 && (npm ls --depth 0 --production || npm install) && (npm start -- --exit)'" failed to launch (exit code: 1).
* Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

Any idea what's the issue ?

View Entire Topic
former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I also faced similar error and I was able to fix it by adding package.json file inside the db folder.

Later I updated all the cds , sqlite versions

After running cds build and other bindings. I was able to deploy successfully.

Regards,

Tejas