cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in input field since UI5 version 1.108

PWoerner
Explorer

Hi,

we are encountering a strange behaviour since upgrade to UI5 version 1.108. Input fields with a value help attached seem to validate entered data, but never return to re-enable the field for input

The selected value from the value help dialog is accepted but the input field stays disabled forever (the 3 dots turning..). Same behaviour if data is entered manually (w/o value help dialog). Seems like an issue with async update callback getting lost.

The app is a simple SAP RAP Fiori Elements application. Unfortunately I don't think I can provide an example in GIT as this code is running on our SAP server.

Anyone having seen this problem or even find a solution?

TIA

Peter

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any error at console?

PWoerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

unfortunately not. I did check these and tried to debug intensively by all the means Chrome provides, but no result. There isn't even any network traffic logged in the Chrome DevTools after data is entered. This is why I do suspect some Javascript activity going wrong. I just can't find a way to nail it down.

Cheers

boghyon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
  • Is the issue reproducible with the latest available SAPUI5 1.108 patch number? With which SAPUI5 version exactly is the app running? You can find it out by pressing Ctrl + Left Alt + Shift + P.
  • Is there any custom code involved in setting the input field busy?
  • Is the issue also reproducible in an incognito or a guest window of the browser?
PWoerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Boghyon,

Open UI version: 1.108.0 (Build von 31.10.2022 13:43:00)

SAPUI5 Distr.: 1.108.0 (Build von 02.11.2022 09:33:00)

I tried to run it under a different version using Chrome diagnostics tool, but it won't let me (only available if: "data-sap-ui-async=true" - something I obviously cannot influence 😞 )

There is no custom code involved. Everything is under the control of the RAP framework (SADL et. al.). I have no possibility to interfere in any way. I tried Firefox -> same thing

Cheers

PWoerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Addendum: While the problem shows with some SAP Std CDS-based value helps and custom value helps alike, fields with other value helps seem to work fine (both Std SAP and custom VH). I did also notice that stopping in the debugger (e. g. method SUGGESTITEMS) and execute e few steps manually before continuing seems to remedy the problem in some cases. This is why I do suspect a timing issue.

PWoerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't think this can be easily achieved as it is a hosted server. Is there a way to test this patch in any other way? I had tried via Chrome diagnostics tools, but could not get it to work (see above)

PWoerner
Explorer

Upgrading to the latest SAPUI5 version really seemed to have fixed our problem. Thanks for your hint Boghyon.

boghyon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since the issue is now resolved with the given answer, please consider accepting it as a solution and closing this question.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

boghyon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Please try upgrading SAPUI5 1.108 to the latest available patch number. Should be 1.108.14 as of yesterday.

If it still doesn't resolve the issue, I'd suggest creating a customer incident.

___
Update: SAP KBA #3333319 describes the same issue and the same solution.

Answers (0)