cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SAP HANA database creation - Insufficient privilege

gfsampayan28
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm new and still exploring in SAP Hana. I just want to know why I can't import a Catalog Object in the schema of the SAP Hana. If someone can help me do and resolve this error.

View Entire Topic
Foivos
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like you are using a user at the DB level that does not have the correct roles / privileges to perform the action you are trying to perform in that particular schema.

Someone with sufficient DB access can modify your user, or give you a different user with sufficient DB rights for the schema in question (there is usually a DB admin team that can help with that).

gfsampayan28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sir foivos.gkourogiannis is there someone in the SAP admin I can directly contact there to modify my user ?

Foivos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sampayan 🙂 Help me understand a bit more. Is this a demo type situation that is provided by SAP as sort of training?

If that is the case, is this an activity defined by the training material, or is it you trying to play around in the demo system?

If this is defined as an action in a training guide, most likely you have skipped a step where you connect to the DB with the user specified in the manual.

If this is a free demo type of system and you are trying to play around to get to know it better by uploading a new catalogue, most likely you are not allowed to do that (hence the user provided to you does not have the access). If in doubt, I am sure that there is some sort of contact link / button in the demo environment to ask for help if something is not working as expected.

gfsampayan28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sir foivos.gkourogiannis Yes Sir. this is a trial account on SAP BTP and SAP Hana. I'm just trying to explore the HANA dB using some resources that I had gathered thru research. I'm also having a hard time exploring this so I'm exploring this by gathering some steps and trying to make it work on the trial environment. Is there anything you can recommend me to gain and explore regarding SAP Hana ?

Foivos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sampayan. Trial / demo systems will usually have restrictions as to what you can do.

So you have to begin with what do you want to learn around HANA. Once you have identified this, I would recommend to start with SAP Learning Hub and also help.sap.com to get the info you need.

There are usually some free courses where you can then expand your knowledge with some hands on activities.

I know this was not too helpful, but I hope it gives you a place to start 🙂