cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing ABAP 7.5.2. Assertion failed: Unable to generate a new password for database login

nitish_chawla2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to install ABAP 7.5.2 using VMWARE on suse linux. I have followed the steps mentioned in below link:

Installing AS ABAP 7.52 SP04 Developer Edition on VMWare and Linux 

Installation of SAP server failed with below error: Assertion failed: Unable to generate a new password for database login 'sa'. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.

It may be an issue with expired sybase key. But where to get and how to use that key ?

Below link ask for hardware ID which i don't know how to get it: https://go.support.sap.com/minisap/#/minisap

Once i get the key, where to place it?

Below is the detailed log for your reference. Can anyone help with the solution ? @julieplummer20 any pointers here?

********************************Log Starts *********************************************************************

INFO       2024-05-02 01:24:18.257 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [syuxcfile.cpp:216] id=syslib.filesystem.removedFile CSyFileImpl::removeEx(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler)
Removed file /sybase/NPL/startase_reset_sa.

ERROR      2024-05-02 01:24:18.258 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [CInstallerCallBackImpl.cpp:259] id=ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.assertionFailed errno=CJS-00030 CInstallerCallBackImpl::abortInstallation()
Assertion failed: Unable to generate a new password for database login 'sa'. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.

ERROR      2024-05-02 01:24:18.259 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [iaxxbjsmod.cpp:83] id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025
Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Assertion failed: Unable to generate a new password for database login 'sa'. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information..

ERROR      2024-05-02 01:24:18.754 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [CSiStepExecute.cpp:1104] id=controller.stepExecuted errno=FCO-00011 CSiStepExecute::execute()
The step syb_step_reset_db_passwords with step key |offlineadjustment_dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|offlineadjustment_db_post|ind|ind|ind|ind|db_post|0|syb_rename_db_post_dia|ind|ind|ind|ind|syb|0|NW_SYB_DB_REN|ind|ind|ind|ind|syb2|0|syb_step_reset_db_passwords was executed with status ERROR (Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Unable to generate a new password for database login 'sa'. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information).

INFO       2024-05-02 01:24:20.720 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [syuxcpath.cpp:441] id=syslib.filesystem.creatingFile CSyPath::createFile()
Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/INSTANA.XML.

INFO       2024-05-02 01:24:21.371 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [syuxcpath.cpp:441] id=syslib.filesystem.creatingFile CSyPath::createFile()
Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/instslana.xml.

a /tmp/sapinst_exe.21555.1714592998/dev_selfex.out
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/cleanipc.1.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/cleanipc.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/control.xml
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/controllerKdbClient.dmp
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/date.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/df.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/hostname.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/instana.xsl
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/keydb.xml
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/rpm.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/rsecssfx.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapcontrol.1.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapcontrol.2.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapcontrol.3.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapcontrol.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapinst.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapinst_dev.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/sapinst_loginquirer.log
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/start_dir.cd
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/stepKeydbClient.dmp
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/summary.html
a /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD/syslib_priv.log
################################################
Abort execution because of
Step returns modlib.jslib.caughtException
################################################

INFO       2024-05-02 01:24:22.701 (root/sapinst) (startInstallation) [syuxcdir.cpp:147] id=syslib.filesystem.removedDirectory CSyDirectoryImpl::sap_remove(ISyFSErrorHandler * pErrorHandler)
Removed directory /root/.sapinst/vhcalnplci/21556.

Error: sapinst has finished with an error code, please find logs in /tmp/sapinst_instdir
All logs have been written to the file /home/admin/ABAP/install_2024-05-02_01-17-40.log

********************************Log End *********************************************************************

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It has been asked and answered lots of times. The Sybase license file is at the same place as the other files of the ABAP trial download. See: https://community.sap.com/t5/application-development-discussions/abap-trial-installation-problem-sap...
nitish_chawla2
Participant
0 Kudos
@Sandra_Rossi. I agree to your point and i have downloaded the same licence while downloading other files. Also transferred it to linux folder before installation with other files. But it didn't work. Do i need extract and move licence explicitly to a particular folder before SAP installation ? Coz by deafult process is leading into above error.
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
"Do I need to extract and move...?" Yes, please read my previous comment again (which also exists in other answers).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)