cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Power BI direct query to HANA Calculation view with Filter expression / input parameters

0 Kudos

Hello Community,

Looking for a help, have you guys seen this behavior?

I have a calculation view with Input parameters with constant (*)(to get all the values if nothing provided) and I'm using filter expression to apply those filters. everything works fine in HANA and Analysis for Office, but once I try to get the Direct Query in PowerBI I see an error. I was thinking it might be the special character (*), but if I change the * to any value it also does not work. I even tried to remove the constant value in the Input Parameter and still having the issue, unless i remove the filter expression it does not work.

does anyone has a workaround as I do not want to load the large sets of the data into power BI.

input parameters

Filter expression

IP Properties

Hana Pop-up screen

PBI error

PBI error with different values

#DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [S1000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;2048 column store error: search table error: [34023] Instantiation of calculation model failed;exception 306002: An internal error occurred

#DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [S1000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;339 invalid number: not a valid number string '' at function __typecast__() (at pos 0)

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

ok, here is the solution: first in the HANA Input Parameter you have to remove the "Multiple Entries" check-mark, somehow power Bi cannot handle that, but there is still a way to select multiple in Power BI, you just need to enter values like this XXX' , 'XXX what happens is Power BI takes the whole value and puts it in singe quotes end result is 'XXX', 'XXX' and so on and it returns the values.

hope this will help someone.