cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when deploying UI5 App: SAPUI5 library/component used in application does not exist

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor

Hello experts,

I am using the open source UI5 Spreadsheet Importer component in a Fiori Elements application.
I don't want to deploy the compo.

As a workaround I thought to deploy the components and therefore work around the error, but unfortunately this didn't work either.nent directly in the system, but deploy it together with the application.
I define the componentUsage in the manifest like:

"componentUsages": {
    "spreadsheetImporter": {
        "name": "cc.spreadsheetimporter.v0_27_1"
    }
},

Because i use the component from npm in the app, i define also "ressourceRoots":

"resourceRoots": {
    "cc.spreadsheetimporter.v0_27_1": "./thirdparty/customControl/spreadsheetImporter/v0_27_1"
},

Now i would like to deploy the App to the ABAP Trial Platform 1909.
When I do that, I get an error there, but the app is still deployed.

SAPUI5 library/component cc.spreadsheetimporter.v0_27_1 used in application Z_FLIGHTS does not exist

One could now say, well, it works, not so bad. But the problem would be that now in a CI/CD pipeline an error comes back as if the deployment failed. Therefore, a warning should be issued here at most.

As a workaround I thought to deploy the components and therefore work around the error, but unfortunately this didn't work either.
It's not the fault of the Fiori tools either, as they simply pick up the error from the backend service "UI5_REPOSITORY_SERVICE" (see this Issue).

Is there any way to reassign this error to a warning or turn it off?

I tried it in the ABAP Trial 1909 System, but the same error in a S/4 HANA 2022 System appeared.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is component/lib, you can deploy it first. then your application.

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jun.wu5

as i wrote in my question, i did that and still get the error.
But again, sometimes i dont want to deploy the component at all

View Entire Topic
AlexNecula
Active Contributor

You can try to make a modification in the standard code until SAP comes with a note that fixes the issue.

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not that urgent yet 🙂

No, i dont like that. Need to open a ticket to let SAP know first.