cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a BTP HANA Cloud schema.cds to import on other HANA Cloud through cds?

y_kassem
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im trying to export the schema.cds configuration of an schema to replicate it across the databases of different environments but I have not been able to find a way to do it. How can I do this?

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A 'schema.cds' file is what the developer uses to describe the database structure. CAP will translate this to SQL code when you deploy it to the database so it can generate the correct tables. The database doesn't 'know' or 'understand' your schema.cds, only the developer will have it. Or you can re-create it manually from the tables you see in the database.

y_kassem
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I understand HANA Cloud is not able to generate such exports. Just to make sure, it is not possible either through CDS to read the structure of an schema and automatically generate the cds deploy files?

lars_lutz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you explain the use case for this

y_kassem
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Having a database description in files such as CDS's configuration files is much easier to collaborate and develop with instead of using SQL scripts or any UI to apply changes to the database. We want to use that to do a CD/CI of the databases changes.

lars_lutz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Apologies for the late reply. Regrettably, this is currently not achievable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)