cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensibility: Custom Fields type "Web Address" is no clickable hyperlink

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Custom fields app there is a field type "Web Address" (using S/4 2022 Private Cloud). I imagined it would behave like a clickable URL when placed in a Fiori app via "Adapt UI". Unfortunately this is not the case, it just shows the URL as plain text.

So my two questions are:

1. Is it possible to add a clickable URL field to a Fiori app using extensibility? Ideally with a friendly display text?

2. What's the point of a "Web Address" field if (as far as I can tell) it behaves exactly like a text field. Bug?

Any input appreciated.

Edit: I didn't find anything in our version's documentation, but taking a peek over at S/4 Public Cloud documentation it does mention "This field type will be rendered as a link, which can then open the related web address.". So it looks like a bug to me. Raising ticket with SAP.

View Entire Topic
pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to answer my own question: I've raised it with SAP and they have responded that it's a 'known limitation in rare cases' (?). The workaround is to add a metadata extension to the underlying CDS view to tell it to render as a URL.

I guess there's a positive to doing it that way as this is the only way to add a friendly display text to the URL.