cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension of Kyma trial version

pandeysuresh06
Participant
0 Kudos

gabbi marco.dorn Is there any chance we can extend the Kyma trial version period from 14 to 30 days atleast like the other services. Most of the time whatever POC I am doing , the cluster expired and then again I have to do the whole connection , setup the code and then proceed. It takes hell of time. yesterday I was testing the postgresql database and did all the connection and everything and now the cluster expired, again I will have to go through all the steps again.

Please look at it as a concern and see if it can be extended.

Would also request if SAP plans any session related to Kyma useability scenario in respect to cart for sap commerce.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're using SAP BTP Trial you should be able to use Kyma also for the full 90 Day Period.

pandeysuresh06
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Gregor Wolf , the cluster expires in 14 days and then we need to disable and enable again. So we loose the old data ,connection everything.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the trial for development in a real project? If yes please get a normal, paid Kyma instance to avoid it.

View Entire Topic
varbanv
Associate
Associate

Hi surepandey01 ,

at this time we cannot extend the cluster expiration due to rising costs for the trial program.

Few things to keep in mind:

• SAP employees and teams should be using their own global accounts for any projects, POCs, demos, etc. and not the trial accounts. This is true for free accounts as well.
  • Users should treat Kyma environments as disposable - there should be no "golden copy" of anything in there.
  • Users should follow best CI/CD and DevOps practices that mandate automation to be used end-to-end. If you have a script that configures and populates an empty cluster, you always get a known state in your environments. And it takes no effort to (re)create as many environments as you need, when you need them.
  • Trial clusters are not setup across multiple availability zones so you run a much greater risk of loosing any data in there, including during final presentations.

Best regards,

Varban Vasilev